1950 TALBOT T 26 Grand Sport 2 seater - €POA
1950 Talbot Lago T26GS #110153; Chassis #110153 was sold new in 1950 to the Geurret company which was the then Talbot dealer in Brussels. The car was built by Talbot to Grand Sport specification. Grand Sport cars had identical chassis to the 4.5L grand prix cars except they were longer wheelbase 2.65m instead of 2.50m. It is one of only 26 GS chassis constructed by Talbot during production 1947-1953. After the Geurret company the next known owner was Jacques Pichon of the Cleres car Museum in Normandy in 1960. He purchased it in France after had been involved in a road accident. Mr. Pichon had access to another Grand Sport car T26GS #110055 which he used as a moulding to create a barchetta glassfibre body for the repaired #110153 car. Pichon sold the car in 1986 to Mr Renolt in Rouen who in turn sold it to renowned French car dealer Frankie du Montant. Frankie had further restoration work done on the chassis then set about to return the car to its original aluminium body specification. A reproduction of the Le Mans 2 seater body was built for long time Talbot owner Anthony Blight in 1971 using an original tail. This body was made for his car #110056 but never fitted. Du Montant sourced that 2 seater body through Michel Poncin and Jacques Iury and it was fitted to the car in 1991. The car competed at Angouleme in 1993. Mr du Montant retained the car until 2001 when it was sold to Baudouin Catry. Comprehensive mechanical reconditioning was undertaken at the beginning of Mr Catrys ownership 2001-2002. Passed onto the current owner in 2008 the car underwent a complete engine plus gearbox overhaul in 2012 and has had little use since due to owner illness. The car comes with HTP papers although they are in need of renewal and is featured in the renowned Talbot Book by P. Abeillon. Further information upon request.
- 0 Miles
- RefCode: TA1057913
Other Classic Talbot T Cars for Sale
- Refcode: TA985728