FORD MUSTANG - £21,995
Ford Mustang 1964 Show Winning Car
The first-generation Ford Mustang was manufactured by Ford from March 1964 until 1973. The introduction of the Mustang created a new class of automobile known as the pony car. The cars styling, with its long hood and short deck, proved wildly popular and inspired a host of imitators.
We sold this glorious Mustang last year and the owner, a retired tool maker, has now purchased another Milestones car and we are delighted to have the opportunity to market her for a second time. The car was manufactured at the Ford Plant, San Jose California during November 1964 and imported into the UK during 2013. This rust free Californian car was then the subject of a complete restoration by the then owner, an automotive engineer, who simply wanted to make this one of the best cars in the country. Work included:
· Rebuilt 302 engine. Inc Unleaded converted heads.
· New 3 core Aluminium radiator.
· New fuel tank.
· New water pump
· New Electronic ignition, Ignition Coil, distributor Cap, rotor arm leads and plugs.
· Carburettor ultrasonically cleaned and rebuilt with rebuild kit.
· New Air filter.
· New Brake servo.
· New alternator and refurbished fuse box
· New Twin Pipe GT Exhaust.
· Car was bare metal resprayed in 2014 by Finish First in Wimbledon White (original colour)
· Wings, doors, boot bonnet all removed for painting.
· Engine/engine bay detailed
· New rear GT valance panel fitted
· New Vinyl roof fitted.
· New front lights
· New rear lights
· New front and rear bumpers.
· New front grille
· New Wiper arms and blades.
· New Chrome exhaust bevels and tips.
· New weather rubbers for doors and windows.
· New polished Torque Thrust style wheels and tyres.
· New brakes all round with new auto adjusters on front.
· New front and rear shocks.
· New front springs 40mm lower.
· New anti-roll bar lings and bushes.
· New steering joint replacement kit.
· Steering geometry set up by John Freeman Racing (Bordon)
· All upholstery replaced in Black/White Pony Trim.
· New Carpets throughout.
· New boot lining including side cards.
· New rear parcel shelf.
· New roof head lining.
· New dash pad, dash speedo bezel.
· New air vent pipes.
· New glovebox inner box, courtesy light
· New Black/white door cards and arm rests.
· New radio and speaker.
The car has covered just over a 2000miles since restoration and is simply the nicest Mustang that we have ever sold and has an independent agreed insurance value from the American Auto Club UK of no less than £25,000.
The owner drove the car down from Stratford-Upon-Avon and she never missed a beat, exceptional for a show car that looks (and sounds!) this good we urge early viewing in order to fully appreciate this remarkable car
- 9 Miles
- RefCode: TA1097810
Other Classic Ford Mustang Cars for Sale
- Refcode: TA1094677
- Refcode: DIY1099835
- Refcode: TA1088709
- Refcode: DIY1075964
- Refcode: TA1099154
- Refcode: TA1099098
- Refcode: DIY1099332
- Refcode: DIY1083935
- Refcode: DIY1086311
- Refcode: TA1099064