1996 VAUXHALL CALIBRA - £500
Vauxhall calibra 1994 V6 For sale, Needs repairs for MOT
Up for sale is my classic old calibra V6 which I was too busy to maintain for its MOT.. Will need towed, can be started and driven but its not advised, due to rusty brakes, and it has developed a fuel leak. If anybody wants to hear it running they will need to bring some fuel to get it started.
Engine itself is fine with the full power and is well serviced. Always passes the emissions. Gears and clutch fine. Handling fine and drives straight as benefits from front springs, shocks and control arms all being changed. Almost all of the fuel system changed 10 years ago, but due to age some new parts have gone.
Overall, presentable enough for its age. Wheels are Vectra Sri of that age, so the correct offset. But bear in mind photos dont pick up all the imperfections and little repairs. Benefits from front wings and bonnet replaced a while back. But needs better work on the rear arches, and some patching up underneath. Would benefit from a front crossmember or welding. Was undersealed 10 years ago, and needs re-done. Tins of colour matched paint supplies come with the car. Front seats ok.. tear on rear seat.. A project car with a reserve to reflect this.
Put in M744 FJU into
Or see failure sheet here.
MOT test number4347 2087 5099
Test locationunavailable until further notice
Reason(s) for failure
· Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively both (8.2.2)
· Headlamp not working on dipped beam both (1.7.5a)
· Offside Registration plate lamp not working (1.1.C.1d)
· Nearside Front Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded chassis next to radiator (2.4.A.3)
· Offside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded inner + outer sill (2.4.A.3)
· Nearside Front Wheel bolt(s) missing (4.2.A.1e)
· Offside Front Wheel bolt(s) missing (4.2.A.1e)
· Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm both front (4.1.E.1)
· Front Inner brake disc in such a condition that it is seriously weakened both (3.5.1i)
· Rear Inner brake disc in such a condition that it is seriously weakened both (3.5.1i)
· front brake excessively fluctuating both (3.7.B.3)
· rear brake excessively fluctuating both (3.7.B.3)
· Emissions not tested due to coolant leak (7.3.A.1)
· Service brake: efficiency below requirements (3.7.B.7)
Advisory notice item(s)
· Offside Rear Tyre worn close to the legal limit (4.1.E.1)
· coolant leak
Other issues needs a water pump, and rocker gasket sealant. Brakes rusty from non use.
NO SWAPS. COLLECTION ONLY-NO DELIVERY
RUNNING AND REPAIRS CARRIED OUT
Other items changed in recent 8 years include alternator, rear disks, front pads, exhaust, crank sensor, ABS ring. ABS all Ok, no dashboard lights.
Headlamp main beam went and not able to trace problem. There is a replacement headlamp switch there.
Anybody considering repair rather than buying for parts needs to bear in mind for their safety the MOT history as some of the patching up work detailed on the MOT history may need done in line with new EU regulations.
Car is located in Glasgow.. To arrange viewing..Call me on 07475079894
Full MOT history here. Enter M744 FJU
good front speakers, CD mp3 head off unit comes with it as do the Vectra alloys and locking wheel key.
Returns not accepted obviously as sold spares or repairs.
- 123500 Miles
- RefCode: DIY1166613
Other Classic Vauxhall Calibra Cars for Sale
- Refcode: DIYCCW1167546