1921 VAUXHALL 25 HP D-type Kington tourer - £58,000
After being sold by the "War Department" in 1921 and being registered for the road by her
first civilian owner, a Mr Edward Peers, she gave good service to Mr Peers until he donated her
back to the war department in 1939, where she spent the war stationed at Bury Fire Station.
After the war in 1945 the D-type was returned to the Peers family. After the death of Mr Peers
in 1958, the D-type was left to Mr Greenhalgh, the Peers's gardener.
In about 1924 the car was rebodied by "Wilson & Stockall of Bury" as a Shooting Break.
Not long after Mr Greenhalgh ownership, the D-type was purchased by Ronald Barker of
Bolton and used to promote his Vauxhall agency.
The owner has known the D-type for over 45 years, she was restored back to the original
style of bodywork in 1973.
The D-type is now in mellowed condition throughout, but mechanically good and is a joy to
drive. Over the years much work has been completed as and well needed, all detailed in this
lovely cars file.
She has full weather equipment.
The engine has 4 cylinders, of approximately 4 litres, driven through a 4-speed & reverse gearbox.
- 0 Miles
- RefCode: TA1186011