1959 TRIUMPH TR3A - £44,995 Guide p...
Here at Carn Bosavern Garage we specialse in the restoration of MGA-B's and Triumph TR2-4A's.
This 1959 Triumph TR3A is a sold project that underwent a full restoration.
To view this car on our website, please follow this link:
This 1959 Triumph TR3A is a matching numbers vehicle that is a sold project completed for a customer. As the customer lives in France, the car was restored to LHD, as original when exported. The car was originally exported to America, destined for Standard Triumph for European Motors, Detroit Michigan. The vehicle was shipped from Salford aboard the vessel American Packer.
It was recently imported back over from Indiana and was stripped to a bare shell. The chassis has been blasted and painted in 2 pack chassis gloss black. All new suspension, braking and steering components have then been built up. These include all new rear leaf springs, brake shoes, wheel cylinders, copper brake pipes, brake pads/discs/calipers, trunions, as well as upgraded coil springs, Spaxx shock absorbers, polybushed suspension and a steering rack conversion.
The bodywork was taken back to bare metal, before being coated in Jenolite (rust eater), etch primed, primed and fully resprayed in British Racing Green. The fully resprayed body was fitted to the completed chassis, with all panels fitted with new fitting kits. New chrome work, badges and front and rear lights have been fitted, with the front lights upgraded to modern H4 bulbs in period tripod headlamps. The engine bay has had the new brake fluid reservoir, master cylinders and copper brake pipes fitted. The new cloth covered wiring loom has been run through the car with new grommets and connected up to the new fuse box and flasher unit.
A new dark red trim kit has been fitted, which will match the new red wool carpet. The seats have had a full overhaul in dark red leather and finished with new spring bases. The original windscreen frame has been dismantled, rechromed, then rebuilt with a new glass plus all new screws, seals and rubbers.
The original matching numbers engine has been stripped to a bare block and sent off for a machining. It will have an unleaded cylinder head conversion carried out, plus a full rebuild including 86mm pistons and liners (upgrading the engine to 2200cc), oil pump, timing chain and tensioner kit, gaskets, spin on oil filter conversion etc. The engine is then balanced with the flywheel and clutch, ready to fit in to the car on new mounts.
The engine bay has been detailed with all new water and electrical systems, as well as all new brake pipes, hoses and cylinders.
After over 100 miles of test driving, the car was delivered to Plymouth for the customer to take the ferry across to Roscoff before driving down to Brittany.
We currently have a selection of 3x Triumph TR3A's for sale, all of which are currently in the painted or primer stage, and can be restored to any specification you would like.
- Each car will have a complete nut and bolt restoration carried out. The vehicles will have the body taken off the chassis, taken back to bare metal, primed and then fully resprayed to an excellent standard (including underneath and in the arches) to the colour of your choice.
- The chassis will be stripped down, sand blasted and then painted in gloss black. The suspension will have a complete overhaul with all new polybushes, all braking components and a steering rack conversion.
- The engine will have a complete rebuild including new pistons, liners, camshaft, oil pump, crank regrind, aswell as an unleaded head conversion. It will have a narrow belt conversion carried out as well as
- All interior, weather gear and chrome, as well as various other parts (fuel and water systems, ignition system etc) will all also be new.
- The cars will be fitted with new splined hubs and spoke wire wheels. The cars that are currently LHD will be converted to RHD (unless otherwise stated). All of our restoration projects have an extensive photographic history, showing each stage of development,
As these cars are all under restoration, you can pick and choose your own specification - this includes colour, interior, along with any upgrades such as chrome wheels, luxury carpet sets, leather seats etc.
As these cars are all under restoration, you can pick and choose your own specification - this includes colour, interior, along with any upgrades such as engine size, overdrive gearbox, chrome wire wheels, luxury carpet sets or leather seats. This way you can build the car you've always wanted instead of buying one that's not quite right!
For more information and an accurate price, please give us a ring or visit our website: www.CARNBOSAVERNGARAGE.com
(Please note advertised price for this vehicle is a guide price and final figure depends on your requested specification)
- 0 Miles
- RefCode: TA1130394
Other Classic Triumph Tr3a Cars for Sale
The latest classic Triumph Tr3a cars for sale
- Refcode: TA1192172
- Refcode: TA1191257
- Refcode: TA1097378
- Refcode: TA1189725
- Refcode: DIY1182469
- Refcode: DIY1156447
- Refcode: TA1185057
- Refcode: TA1182478
- Refcode: TA1181394
- Refcode: TA1174356
The latest classic Triumph Tr3a cars for saleSee all TRIUMPH TR3As for sale