1955 TRIUMPH TR2 - £44,995 Guide p...
Here at Carn Bosavern Garage we specialse in the restoration of MGA-B's and Triumph TR2-4A's.
This 1955 Triumph TR2 is a sold project currently undergoing a full nut and bolt restoration.
To view this car on our website, please follow this link:
This 1955 Triumph TR2 is a sold original right hand drive home market vehicle that is currently undergoing a nut and bolt restoration for a customer. The car was registered in October 1955 in Bath, Somerset. The restoration will be carried out to the original colour scheme on the Heritage Certificate, British Racing Green with a dark red interior trim, with various upgrades including narrow belt conversion, 2200cc engine, steering rack conversion, plus various others listed below.
The car has been stripped down to a shell, where the panels were taken back to bare metal, coated in Jenolite (acid rust eater) and then Etch Primed. It has then been primed and fully resprayed in British Racing Green. The suspension has been rebuilt with all new polybushes, uprated coil springs, steering rack conversion, as well as a major braking upgrade to the later style TR3A system (with calipers and an additional brake servo).
The original A-type overdrive gearbox was sent away and completely overhauled, ready to be fitted on a new mounting with a new complete clutch.
The newly painted body was then fitted to the rebuilt chassis with a new body to chassis fitting kit. All panels have been loosely fitted, with final gap adjustments being carried out later. All cappings have been recovered in the new red vinyl, with the interior finished off with matching door panels / rear quarter panels. A new aluminium fuel tank, cap and sender are all being installed before the final rear interior board is fitted. Various new brightwork including a tripod headlamp upgrade and front badge bar with spotlamps have been fitted.
In the engine bay, the customer has upgraded to a 4 branch stainless steel exhaust manifold which has then been ceramic coated in Flame Red. The original inlet manifold as been coated in Performance Silver. A brake servo has been fitted to upgrade the brakes, as well as a Lucas electric glass jar washer bottle set up. Other upgrades in the engine bay include aluminium radiator, electric Revotec fan, SU air filters, brake servo and red silicone hoses.
The original windscreen frame has been stripped down, rechromed (including stanchions), then rebuilt with all new screws, seals, gaskets and glass. The interior has had all new leather seats fully recovered and responged, as well as upgraded wool carpets. Before the carpets were fitted, the floor panels, kick panels, gearbox tunnel and bulkhead were covered in Silent Coat sound proofing to help reduce vibrations. Other areas covered in sound/vibration deadening include the doors and boot floor.
We currently have a selection of 3x Triumph TR3A's for sale, all of which are currently in the painted or primer stage, and can be restored to any specification you would like.
- Each car will have a complete nut and bolt restoration carried out. The vehicles will have the body taken off the chassis, taken back to bare metal, primed and then fully resprayed to an excellent standard (including underneath and in the arches) to the colour of your choice.
- The chassis will be stripped down, sand blasted and then painted in gloss black. The suspension will have a complete overhaul with all new polybushes, all braking components and a steering rack conversion.
- The engine will have a complete rebuild including new pistons, liners, camshaft, oil pump, crank regrind, aswell as an unleaded head conversion. It will have a narrow belt conversion carried out as well as
- All interior, weather gear and chrome, as well as various other parts (fuel and water systems, ignition system etc) will all also be new.
- The cars will be fitted with new splined hubs and spoke wire wheels. The cars that are currently LHD will be converted to RHD (unless otherwise stated). All of our restoration projects have an extensive photographic history, showing each stage of development,
As these cars are all under restoration, you can pick and choose your own specification - this includes colour, interior, along with any upgrades such as chrome wheels, luxury carpet sets, leather seats etc.
As these cars are all under restoration, you can pick and choose your own specification - this includes colour, interior, along with any upgrades such as engine size, overdrive gearbox, chrome wire wheels, luxury carpet sets or leather seats. This way you can build the car you've always wanted instead of buying one that's not quite right!
For more information and an accurate price, please give us a ring or visit our website: www.CARNBOSAVERNGARAGE.com
(Please note advertised price for this vehicle is a guide price and final figure depends on your requested specification)
- 0 Miles
- RefCode: TA1064031
Other Classic Triumph Tr2 Cars for Sale
- Refcode: DIY1170941
- Refcode: TA1170550
- Refcode: DIY1162249
- Refcode: TA1155795
- Refcode: TA1161204
- Refcode: TA1158984
- Refcode: TA1065781