1956 MG A - £39,995 Guide p...
Here at Carn Bosavern Garage we specialse in the restoration of MGA-B's and Triumph TR2-4A's.
This 1956 MGA Roadster is a sold project undergoing a full nut and bolt restoration.
To view this car on our website, please follow this link:
This 1956 MGA Roadster MK1 is a sold project that underwent a full nut-and-bolt restoration. It is an original RHD vehicle (only 5,000 made), registered in April 1956, making it one of the earliest home market MGAs left available.
The chassis has been blasted and painted in 2 pack glass black. Once painted, new suspension, braking and steering components have been fitted including front brake disc conversion, rear telescopic Spax shock absorber conversion, steering rack etc. The Gold Seal engine has been stripped to a bare block has been machined, with the cylinder head being overhauled and converted to unleaded fuel. It has then been rebuilt with all new pistons, oil pump, camshaft etc.
The body has been taken back to bare metal and treated, with all panels sand blasted. The car has been coated in etch primer, coats of hi build primer and fully resprayed in Old English White. All panels have been fitted with new beadings and fitting kits, before assembly to the chassis with a new fitting kit. The body has then had all new chrome work fitted, as well as all lighting.
The interior has had new wooden boards treated and fitted. Deluxe black wool carpets have then been fitted, as well as a black trim kit and full black leather seats. The dashboard has had all new switches, as well as the original clocks overhauled and fitted. A new black mohair hood and tonneau cover have also been fitted.
The fully rebuilt original 1500cc Gold Seal engine has been fitted with the reconditioned original gearbox (with a new clutch). Since then various parts have been fitted in the engine bay including the original rebuilt heater box, original rebuilt carburetors etc.
We covered over 100 miles in test driving before the car was delivered to Saltash.
We currently have a selection of MGA Roadsters for sale, all of which are currently in the painted or primer stage, and can be restored to any specification you would like.
- Each car will have a complete nut and bolt restoration carried out. The vehicles will have the body taken off the chassis (when applicable), taken back to bare metal, primed and then fully resprayed to an excellent standard (including underneath, engine bay and in the arches) to the colour of your choice.
- The chassis will be stripped down, sand blasted and then painted in gloss black (when applicable). The suspension will have a complete overhaul with all new polybushes, all braking components and suspension parts etc.
- The engine will have a complete rebuild including new pistons, camshaft, oil pump, crank regrind, as well as an unleaded head conversion.
- All interior, weather gear and chrome, as well as various other parts (fuel and water systems, ignition system etc) will all also be new.
- The cars will be fitted with spoke wire wheels. The cars that are currently LHD will be converted to RHD (unless otherwise stated). All of our restoration projects have an extensive photographic history, showing each stage of development,
As these cars are all under restoration, you can pick and choose your own specification - this includes colour, interior, along with any upgrades such as engine size, gearbox, chrome wire wheels, luxury carpet sets or leather seats. This way you can build the car you've always wanted instead of buying one that's not quite right!
This example is a customers vehicle and is not for sale.
For more information and an accurate price, please give us a ring or visit our website: www.CARNBOSAVERNGARAGE.com
(Please note advertised price for this vehicle is a guide price and final figure depends on your requested specification)
- 0 Miles
- RefCode: TA1152185