1973 MG B Roadster - £25,995 Guide p...
Here at Carn Bosavern Garage we specialse in the restoration of MGA-B's and Triumph TR2-4A's.
This 1973 MGB Roadster is a sold project undergoing a full nut and bolt restoration.
To view this car on our website, please follow this link:
This 1973 MGB Roadster is a sold project that underwent a full nut-and-bolt restoration for a customer. The body has been stripped to a shell, taken back to bare metal before being coated in Jenolite (acid rust eater), etch primed, primed and painted in Old English White.
The front subframe was sand blasted and painted in 2 pack gloss black. It has then been rebuilt with all new brake discs/pads/calipers and copper brake pipes. The suspension has been overhauled with new polybushes, coil springs and nuts and bolts. The rear axle has been check and tested, before being painted in gloss 2 pack black. New brake shoes, wheel cylinders and adjusters have been fitted, along with new copper brake pipework.
A new fuel tank has been fitted with a new fuel pump and all pipework underneath. The original heater matrix box has been sand blasted and painted, before being built up with a new heater matrix, heater motor, fan, clips and components. New front and rear lamps have been fitted, with new looms connecting a new full wiring harness. All new chrome work is being fitted, including bumpers, grilles etc.
The original engine block has been stripped down and fully rebuilt, including an unleaded head conversion, new pistons, oil pump, timing chain kit etc. It has then been fitted in to the car on new mounts with a new aluminium rocker cover fitted.
The interior is all new, with upgrades including wool carpet and full leather overhauled seats. The dashboard has been overhauled with new switches, overhauled original gauges and re-painted in original black crackle finish paint.
It has then been finished off with new OE Pirelli 165/15 tyres and painted wire wheels. After over 100 miles of test driving, the car was delivered to the customer in the Cotswolds.
We currently have a selection of MGB Roadsters for sale, all of which are currently in the painted or primer stage, and can be restored to any specification you would like.
- Each car will have a complete nut and bolt restoration carried out. The vehicles will have the body taken off the chassis (when applicable), taken back to bare metal, primed and then fully resprayed to an excellent standard (including underneath, engine bay and in the arches) to the colour of your choice.
- The chassis will be stripped down, sand blasted and then painted in gloss black (when applicable). The suspension will have a complete overhaul with all new polybushes, all braking components and suspension parts etc.
- The engine will have a complete rebuild including new pistons, camshaft, oil pump, crank regrind, as well as an unleaded head conversion.
- All interior, weather gear and chrome, as well as various other parts (fuel and water systems, ignition system etc) will all also be new.
- The cars will be fitted with spoke wire wheels. The cars that are currently LHD will be converted to RHD (unless otherwise stated). All of our restoration projects have an extensive photographic history, showing each stage of development,
As these cars are all under restoration, you can pick and choose your own specification - this includes colour, interior, along with any upgrades such as engine size, gearbox, chrome wire wheels, luxury carpet sets or leather seats. This way you can build the car you've always wanted instead of buying one that's not quite right!
This example is a customers vehicle and is not for sale.
For more information and an accurate price, please give us a ring or visit our website: www.CARNBOSAVERNGARAGE.com
(Please note advertised price for this vehicle is a guide price and final figure depends on your requested specification)
- 0 Miles
- RefCode: TA1111020
Other Classic Mg B Cars for Sale
- Refcode: TA1182244
- Refcode: TA1184533
- Refcode: TA1184531
- Refcode: TA1184485
- Refcode: TA1184472
- Refcode: TA1184429
- Refcode: TA1184362
- Refcode: DIYCCW1184363
- Refcode: DIY1184313
- Refcode: TA1184194