MG A Roadster - £45,995 Guide p...
Here at Carn Bosavern Garage we specialse in the restoration of MGA-B's and Triumph TR2-4A's.
This 1961 MGA Roadster is a sold project that underwent a full nut and bolt restoration.
To view this car on our website, please follow this link:
This 1961 MGA Roadster is a sold completed project that was originally exported to America, where it spent its life in California. It has recently been imported back and underwent a full nut and bolt restoration for a customer. The customer requested a colour scheme of Old English White with a maroon interior, as well as various upgrades over the course of the restoration.
The body was removed from the chassis, where the chassis was blasted, etch primed and painted in two pack glass black. It was then rebuilt with all new braking, steering and suspension components, including polybush suspension upgrade, front MGB brake caliper/disc/pad conversion upgrade and also a rear Spax shock absorber upgrade. The body has been stripped to a shell, taken back to bare mental, coated in Jenolite, etch primed, primed and painted in Old English White.
The engine was stripped to a bare block, machined and rebuilt with all new components, including pistons, oil pump, timing chain kit and tensioners etc, as well as unleaded fuel cylinder head conversion. It was painted in MG maroon and fitted to the rebuilt chassis on new engine mounts. A new Ford Type 9 gearbox has also been fitted with a new clutch.
Once fully resprayed, the body was lowered and fitted to the chassis with a new kitting kit. Since then all panels have been fitted with new hinges, beadings etc. New brightwork (lights, bumpers etc) and engine bay / mechanical components (radiator and water system, fuel tank, pump and system, brake servo etc) were then fitted. Upgrades such as an aluminium radiator, brake servo, Revotec electric fan, CSI electronic ignition and an oil cooler with braided hoses have been fitted in the engine bay.
The customer requested MGA Deluxe Competition style seats, which have been fitted with a matching wool carpet set. The dashboard has been covered in matching vinyl, with contrasting white-faced clocks fitted. A very unique style cockpit. Matching burgundy mohair hood and tonneau covers have been fitted, with wind deflectors and a custom wing mirror.
Sat on new 72 spoke 5.5J chrome wire wheels and new tyres, the car underwent 100 miles of test driving locally around the South West cost roads before delivery to Lincoln.
This car is a superb, unique example of the MGA Roadster, that drives as good as it looks.
We currently have a selection of MGA Roadsters for sale, all of which are currently in the painted or primer stage, and can be restored to any specification you would like.
- Each car will have a complete nut and bolt restoration carried out. The vehicles will have the body taken off the chassis, taken back to bare metal, primed and then fully resprayed to an excellent standard (including underneath, engine bay and in the arches) to the colour of your choice.
- The chassis will be stripped down, sand blasted and then painted in gloss black. The suspension will have a complete overhaul with all new polybushes, all braking components and suspension parts etc.
- The engine will have a complete rebuild including new pistons, camshaft, oil pump, crank regrind, as well as an unleaded head conversion.
- All interior, weather gear and chrome, as well as various other parts (fuel and water systems, ignition system etc) will all also be new.
- The cars will be fitted with spoke wire wheels. The cars that are currently LHD will be converted to RHD (unless otherwise stated). All of our restoration projects have an extensive photographic history, showing each stage of development,
As these cars are all under restoration, you can pick and choose your own specification - this includes colour, interior, along with any upgrades such as engine size, gearbox, chrome wire wheels, luxury carpet sets or leather seats. This way you can build the car you've always wanted instead of buying one that's not quite right!
This example is a customers vehicle and is not for sale.
For more information and an accurate price, please give us a ring or visit our website: www.CARNBOSAVERNGARAGE.com
(Please note advertised price for this vehicle is a guide price and final figure depends on your requested specification)
- 100 Miles
- RefCode: TA1148474
Other Classic Mg A Cars for Sale
The latest classic Mg A cars for sale
- Refcode: TA1192749
- Refcode: TA1192546
- Refcode: DIY1163974
- Refcode: DIY1185697
- Refcode: TA1192073
- Refcode: TA1189185
- Refcode: TA1191315
- Refcode: DIY1191268
- Refcode: TA1106891
- Refcode: TA1171787
The latest classic Mg A cars for saleSee all MG As for sale