Back to search results

1962 MASERATI 3500 GT 3500GTI - £POA

  • Aetv41880457 1
  • Aetv41880457 2
  • Aetv41880457 3
  • Aetv41880457 4
  • Aetv41880457 5
  • Aetv41880457 6
  • Aetv41880457 7
  • Aetv41880457 8
  • Aetv41880457 9
  • Aetv41880457 10
  • Aetv41880457 11
  • Aetv41880457 12
  • Aetv41880457 13
  • Aetv41880457 14
  • Aetv41880457 15
  • Aetv41880457 16
  • Aetv41880457 17
  • Aetv41880457 18
  • Aetv41880457 19

Production of the 3500 GT started in late 1957; eighteen cars were built that year, the first handful leaving the factory before Christmas. All 3500 GTs had leather interior and Jaeger instruments. Front disc brakes and limited slip differential became optional in 1959 and which were standardised in 1960; rear discs became standard in 1962. The 3500 GTi was introduced at the 1960 Salon International de l'Auto, and by the following year became the first fuel-injected Italian production car. It had a Lucas mechanical fuel injection and developed 232 bhp. The 5-speed gearbox which had been an available option since 1960 was made standard, The body had a lowered roofline and became somewhat longer; minor outward changes appeared as well (new grille, rear lights, vent windows). In total 2,226 3500 GT coupés and convertibles were built between 1957 and 1964.[4] The first year (1958) 119 cars were sold, while 1961 was the best-selling year, totalling 500. It was in fact Maseratis first production car and a strong competitor for Ferrari and Aston Martin in period. Constructed in 1962, this extremely well restored example of Maserati's celebrated 3500 GTi possesses a distinguished provenance, factory documentation, and uncommon originality. This relatively late-production 3500 GTi was originally equipped with Lucas fuel injection, four-wheel disc brakes, and a five-speed ZF gearbox. Originally sold to an Italian customer, the Mayor of Milan in March 1962, on moving to Naples in 1965, it was returned to the factory to have the Lucas fuel injection which had proved troublesome converted to triple Weber carburettors. In 1994, the coupe was sold at auction by Coys to a Belgium owner, in current ownership for the last 10 years, the coupe has been subject to a detailed restoration and is now resplendent in metallic grey with a red leather interior. The car has been restored with only original parts, the original Borrani wheels have been restored. A fine example of a detailed restoration, the bodywork and paintwork restoration being carried out in the UK, the car is now in the final stages of the mechanical restoration in Europe

  • 6948 Miles
  • Transmission 69197354786223e29b85070a0695cc247a4c2b215c743673c2d02e864b4cd687 MANUAL
  • Steering ca68a9643bbb915d30839040f432af59e679db8cf98e23a4378cbef2ed805059 LHD
  • RefCode: AETV41880457