1997 BMW 7 SERIES 728i E38 - £2,900 OVNO
3 owner car with full documented service history and in immaculate condition. In the last 9 months under my ownership the following work has been carried out :-
- full service including spark plugs and cabin filters
- Brembo brake pads (rears fitted together with new wear sensor, front pads included in sale)
- Michelin Cross Climate tyres fitted on the front
- New OEM rear springs and Bilstein shock absorbers
- All rear suspension bushes replaced with factory spec OEM rubbers
- All front suspension arm bushes replaced with Powerflex poly-bushes
- Centre tie rod, tie rod ends, ARB droplink and steering idler arm bush replaced with OEM parts
- Rear differential oil changed.
With fresh steering and suspension components the car now handles and steers like new.
The engine retains it's straight six silkiness and has incredible pick-up when in sports mode. Automatic transmission is smooth and noise free, featuring normal, sport and manual change modes.
Original walnut and grey hide interior is faultless. Leather on door cards and seats is supple, clean and without any cracks, showing appropriate patina for this 22 year old car.
All electrics are working, the air conditioning is ice cold and the BMW stereo also supports an after-market MP3 connection through the cassette tape unit.
The car has remained garaged for much of it's life which probably accounts for the blemish free bodywork, still retaining it's lustre and high polished finish. The underbody is in excellent condition with all original underseal still in place and a fresh coat of Waxoyl.
The MOT is valid until March 2020.
Faults are few and far between. There is a light car park dint on driver's rear wing which would tap out very easily. The dashboard check display occasionally (and incorrectly) warns to check the rear brake lights and a single row of pixels has disappeared on the radio channel display.
Loads more photos available on request, please email me.
A very reluctant sale as I have recently spent over £800 to get the vehicle set up just right and I wanted to enjoy it, but a new job forces sale.
- 114000 Miles
- RefCode: DIY1153662
Other Classic Bmw 7 Series Cars for Sale
- Refcode: TA1164811
- Refcode: DIY1123609
- Refcode: TA1158982
- Refcode: TA1129687
- Refcode: TA1147005
- Refcode: TA1058896